We’re going to try something new and share some of our favorite content from the past week all in one post.
The idea is to curate the best content from the past week that relates to language learning and Brazilian culture so that you can keep up with what’s important.
If this idea catches on we might make it a regular feature here on Brazilian Gringo.
If you think it’s a good idea you can direct your praise to Foster, the new gringo who started writing here this week.
Songs we listened to this week
- A cool modern take on an old capoeira classic.
- A catchy little pop tune that is all the rage in Rio right now.
- Tim Maia, the soul of Brazilian music. This song is simple and great for Portuguese learners.
Cool travel articles we liked
Good posts about Brazil
- Brazil’s current political situation is like a Netflix drama.
- The move benefits Americans, Canadians, Japanese, Chinese and others who need visas to enter Brazil.
- A vida não é fácil pra ninguém!
- Azul, along with United, has launched a great new travel package where you can take unlimited flights in Brazil for three weeks for only $400! This is a few months old now, but worth reposting.
Best language learning articles
- A great two-part series on Brazilian cinema and how it can help your language skills by our friends at Transparent Language.
- Useful article from our friends at Street Smart Brazil
Zueira of the week
In order to get into college, students have to pass a standardized test called the ENEM. The test only happens once a year, and if you don’t make it to school on time then you don’t get to take the test and have to wait until next year. Several hashtags were created to celebrate those who show up late to take the ENEM.